Persons Eligible to Apply
- Employees Actively at work.
- Employees and spouses between 18 to 80 years of age and not more than 65 years of age at the Policy Commencement Date of the first Period of Insurance.
- Children from 15 days old to 18 years old (dependent children can be covered up to age 25 if he/she is enrolled in an educational institution on full-time higher education and is not in full-time national service).
- Domiciled (residing) in Singapore, meaning Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents (holders of re-entry permits), holders of Employment Passes, S Passes, Personalized Employment Passes, EntrePasses, Work Permits, Student Passes or Dependent Passes.
Air and ship crew, professional divers, professional sports persons; occupations involving diving, working on oil rigs, onboard vessels or offshore, firefighting, police or military personnel or occupations of a hazardous nature, i.e. involving height, depth or heat.
There are some costs which are not covered under the Policy, the following are some Major Exclusions for this Policy. You are advised to read the policy wordings for the full list of exclusions.
- Treatment relating to birth defects, congenital abnormalities and hereditary conditions.
- Routine medical examinations (including confinement in hospital to facilitate the conduct of test) and vaccinations.
- Cosmetic related treatments
- Pre-existing conditions are excluded for the first year of cover for each insured. The following specified pre-existing illnesses are permanently excluded:
- Heart Disease, Diabetes, Cancer and Renal Failure for employee group sizes less than 10.
- Cancer and Renal Failure for employee group sizes 10 and above.
Key Product Provisions
The following are some key provisions found in the actual wordings of this plan. This is a product summary and you are advised to refer to the actual terms and conditions in the wordings.
||This is a short-term accident and health policy and the insurer is not required to renew this policy. The insurer reserves the right to terminate this policy at any time by giving 30 days’ notice in writing to the insured. Whenever such cancelation occurs, the Company shall return the unearned portion of premium based on the short rated table (refer to actual policy wordings). No premium will be refunded if claims have already been made by the Insured. Cancelation shall be without prejudice to any claim origination prior to the effective date of cancelation.
|Terms of Renewal
||Coverage may be renewed on the Policy Anniversary Date by payment of the annual premium.
||Premiums payable for this coverage are not guaranteed and may be revised at policy renewal at the full discretion of Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd.
|Change in Circumstances
||In the event of a change in occupation/designation of an employee of the Insured, the Insured shall notify the Company in writing of the new occupation/designation. The Company will proceed to reclassify the employee to the applicable benefits plan based on employee group. The Insured shall also notify the Company in writing in the event of an employee’s change in country of residence (Note: Only Employees and Dependents residing in Singapore are eligible for cover).
|Reasonable & Customary Charges
||Benefits payable are limited to Reasonable and Customary charges for the treatments provided and to the limits of the Plan chosen.
||Insurance will only commence when the proposal is accepted, the premium paid and accepted by Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd.
|Free Look Period
||In the event that the Insured is not satisfied with the policy for any reason, it may be returned to the Company for cancelation within fourteen days from date of receipt and any premium paid or billed with be refunded in full.
||All claims on reimbursement basis should be submitted within 30 days starting from the first date of the treatment.
|Switching of medical Policies may result in the Policyholder having to pay a different premium amount and different policy terms and conditions
|This policy is not a Medisave-approved policy and you may not use Medisave to pay the premium for this policy.
This Policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
The Total Distribution Cost of this product is between 15% to 20% of the premium. Such costs include cash payments in the form of commission, costs of benefits and services paid to the distribution channel. We assure you that the Total Distribution Cost is not an additional cost to you, as it was already accounted in the calculation of your premium.