Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd (the “Company”, “we”, “ours”, “us”) recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of Personal Data of its employees under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA 2012”). This is our policy for handling personal data collected from or about job applicants.
Please note that by submitting your job application online, you will be personally & directly transferring your personal data out of Singapore
What Personal Data We Collect
Personal data is data that can be used to identify a natural person. We collect personal data about you and other persons, such as your family members.
Examples of personal data include your name, nationality, date of birth, sex, contact details (address, email address, telephone numbers), NRIC, FIN or passport number, photograph, marital status, current occupation, health or medical records, character references and testimonials, and your image on CCTV and in photographs.
If you provide the personal data of anyone else (such as your family members), it means that you have obtained his/her consent to our collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data for the purposes set out in this policy or that you validly give us such consent on his/her behalf.
Purposes for collection, use and disclosure of personal data
The personal data that we collect from you or about you is or may be used for the following purposes:
- assessing and processing your job application
- contacting you in respect of your job application
- validating all references provided and conduct screening and background checks
- assessing you for other job opportunities with us or our parent and affiliated companies, both locally and overseas (“Liberty Mutual Group of Companies”)
- complying with our internal policies, procedures and directives
- reviewing and improving our recruitment policies and processes
- research, planning, statistical analysis and policy development relating to human resource management
- if applicable, preparing for and arranging your relocation to Singapore in anticipation of employment, including making travel and accommodation arrangements and applying for an employment pass or work permit
- any other purposes relating to or arising out of the above
We may disclose the personal data collected from you or about you to third parties, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, in order to achieve the purposes stated in this policy. Such third parties include:
- appropriate entities within the Liberty Mutual Group of Companies
- our service providers, contractors and agents, including those which provide administrative, data processing, computer or other services to us
- third parties that introduced or referred you to us or that you submit your job application to, including employment agencies, referral agencies, business introducers, online job portals or similar service providers
- regulatory authorities, any statutory bodies or public agencies for the purposes of complying with their respective requirements, policies and directives or to seek information about you
- medical clinics that conduct pre-employment medical examinations on you
In addition to the data you provide, we may obtain from third parties (including referees) further data relating to you which is relevant to your potential employment with us. In doing so, we may disclose your personal data to such third parties.
We may also collect, use and disclose personal data where required or permitted by law for any purpose.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain personal data for a reasonable period in accordance with our legal and business purposes. Personal data obtained from unsuccessful job applicants will usually be destroyed within one (1) year of rejection.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to correct or have access to your personal data, please contact us. See the “Who to contact” section below. We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a request for access to personal data.
Who to Contact
If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal data or any aspect of this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amendments and updates
We may amend this policy from time to time and will make available the updated policy on our web site. Each time we collect, use or disclose personal data, the latest version of this policy in force at the time will apply.