Liberty Insurance Singapore is a 100% owned strategic business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. Headquartered in Boston, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group is a diversified global insurer and the 3rd largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S based on 2013 direct written premium. Liberty Mutual ranks 78th on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2014 revenue.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group operates with a global view across five continents and employs more than 50,000 employees in approximately 900 offices throughout the world. At Liberty, our work is based on respect, integrity and doing the right thing. We attract, develop and engage the kind of people who exemplify these principles.
Due to the growth of our business in Singapore an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Executive-Claims to join our team in the Singapore office.
As the Senior Executive-Claims you will be primarily responsible for providing effective claims management for Work Injury Compensation, Medical and Personal Accident claims, ensuring that high standards are maintained for claims settlement. In this role you will get the opportunity to use your administrative skills and insurance knowledge to support the Claims department to compete for success.
- Proactively manage claims to closure ensuring cost effective outcome
- Evaluate and negotiate the resolution of claims, while mitigating damages, to achieve cost-effective claim outcomes within authorized amounts or specific file authority to produce appropriate outcomes
- Constantly use knowledge and experience to look for possible fraud, risk management issues, subrogation recovery in the assigned claims
- Managing customer (internal and external) interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction
- Ensure adequacy of reserve, conduct on time file review/audit and assist in the resolution of any issues identified
- Interpret the insurance contract and apply to the exposures presented with each assigned claim
- Compile statistics and prepare reports for the department, liaison with manager to develop claims strategies
- Contribute to projects and planning surrounding departmental initiatives to meet strategy objectives
- Diploma and higher
- Certifications in Health Insurance and Commercial General Insurance (desirable)
- 5 years of relevant working experience in property and casualty claims
- Strong negotiation, problem solving, analytical skills and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to work under ambiguous and stressful situations
- Be proactive in taking initiatives
- PC Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Investigation and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team
- Reasonable command of English as a language. Additional knowledge of mandarin is desirable
Why Join Liberty:
At Liberty Insurance, our work is based on respect, integrity and doing the right thing. We attract, develop and engage the kind of people who exemplify these principles. And we provide you with the tools and resources you need to excel-both personally and professionally.
Join us and you'll experience a vibrant, inclusive organization where you'll feel valued for your individual talents and contributions. And you'll play an integral role in helping people live safer, more secure lives.
We also encourage you to learn more about our company at: www.libertyinsurance.com.sg.