Liberty Insurance Singapore is a 100% owned strategic business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. Headquartered in Boston, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group is a diversified global insurer and the 3rd largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S based on 2013 direct written premium. Liberty Mutual ranks 78th on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2014 revenue.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group operates with a global view across five continents and employs more than 50,000 employees in approximately 900 offices throughout the world. At Liberty, our work is based on respect, integrity and doing the right thing. We attract, develop and engage the kind of people who exemplify these principles.
Due to the growth of our business in Singapore an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Surveyor-Claims to join our team in the Singapore office.
As the Surveyor-Claims you will be primarily responsible for assessing damage to vehicles and estimating the likely cost of economical repair. You will also be responsible for negotiating the cost of repair with the workshop and producing the best written assessment/report of the condition of the inspected vehicle.
- Examine damaged vehicles within defined service standards
- Assess vehicle damage and give fair and independent assessment on repair costs for most accurate reserving
- Conduct physical inspection and re-inspection of the damaged and the repaired vehicle
- Negotiating the cost of repairs with workshops in accordance with agreed discounts
- Provide market value of damaged for total loss vehicles
- Proactive handling of all total loss cases and timely assessment and confirmation to the motor claims and recovery team
- Maintain a close co-ordination with motor claims, recovery and investigation team
- Working closely with our panel of workshops to improve the relationship with them
- Proactive interaction with spare parts analysts and workshops for developing a better database of spare parts & costs
- Proactive interaction with Dispatch team for improving the programming of surveys
- To produce and keep updated the Ranking of Workshops based and the criteria defined for it
- Diploma level and higher
- 5 years of relevant working experience in motor repair and/or insurance industry
- Have a sound knowledge of motor vehicles, motor values, their market values and modern repair procedures
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability for producing written communications with internal customers, suppliers and lawyers
- Wide view of the business for producing efficient assessments
Why Join Liberty:
At Liberty Insurance, our work is based on respect, integrity and doing the right thing. We attract, develop and engage the kind of people who exemplify these principles. And we provide you with the tools and resources you need to excel-both personally and professionally.
Join us and you'll experience a vibrant, inclusive organization where you'll feel valued for your individual talents and contributions. And you'll play an integral role in helping people live safer, more secure lives.
We also encourage you to learn more about our company at: www.libertyinsurance.com.sg.